8.08.2007

rock the bells - P. Monch, Supernatural, Nas, Talib Kweli, Erykah Badu, Illmortal Technique and WU-TANG!!! WU-TANG!!! WU-TANG!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm far from being an old timer, but the saying, "There is noting better than the good old days" sounds more and more true everyday. Beyond every memory of Jordan and Pippen controlling the hardwood. Or poppin' in classics like "Beat Street" or "Juice" in the VHS, or going bananas over the latest Nike product, there was always something else entrenched in my life: music.

There was Biggie, Nas, and occasionally Pink Floyd, but then there was The Wu. Almost everyone in our generation will remember The Wu-Tang Clan. There are just those certain things that stick with you. With ball it could have been that dude MJ or with your first crush in the 4th grade (oh Erica Venor, where art thee????), but with music, at least for me, it was those grimmy brothas from S.I.N.Y.

If I were to die tomorrow I can now say I can die a happy man. From seeing John Elway, Bo Jackson, Mike Jordan, Griffey Jr., Barry Bonds surpassing homerun history, the Bronx Bombers, the Fighting Irish and now the Wu. Seeing them all live in flesh now completes my childhood check list of my role model influences. Wow.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

yessi said...

awesome pics, as always!

haha... yeah there was minimum security at this cinema. Even the one in EP makes you check your cell phones in at the front, can you believe it?!! But not this one. I could have brought my own popcorn hehe

My 4th grade crush was Victor Rodriguez, where art thou?!!

yessi said...

but HANCE!!! You're the one that told me to cut it!!!!!!!!

Take it back!